Today I decided to take a stand. Health & Wellness is my PASSION. I am often frustrated by the fact that so many people are more willing to spend their hard-earned cash on makeup or pizza or cocktails than on their own or their family’s health and well-being. I truly don’t mean to insult anyone, but after watching this today, I can’t help but ask the question “WHERE ARE OUR PRIORITIES?”
This talk was recorded in 2010, it is now 5 years later and the statistics are WORSE than ever. NJ’s obesity rate is on the rise- especially in children. In NJ, THE STATE-LEVEL ESTIMATED ANNUAL OBESITY ATTRIBUTABLE EXPENDITURES IS $4447 MILLION. (That is the latest statistic I found. It is from 2009.)
Overweight and obese individuals are at increased risk for many diseases and health chronic conditions, including the following:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Osteoarthritis (a degeneration of cartilage and its underlying bone within a joint)
- Dyslipidemia (for example, high total cholesterol or high levels of triglycerides)
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Sleep apnea and respiratory problems
- Some cancers (pancreas, kidney, prostate, endometrial, breast, and colon)
Here is my not-so-subtle call to action:
Please let me help your family get your health back on track AND/OR join me to help others reclaim their health. It is simple, not easy- but simple. Let’s #endthetrend together!
Please leave a comment below so I can contact you on how to get started on the road to Health!