Good Morning & Happy Monday! Today is typically that day of the week where good intentions are set. Mondays always feel like a fresh start for me- kind of like the first day of school (which is fast approaching!) or a small New Year’s Day. I was talking with someone recently who was so frustrated and just bone-tired of starting over. I told them that it doesn’t matter HOW MANY TIMES you start again, just that you do. How many people vow to stop smoking, drinking, overeating with remorse from the weekend every Monday- so much so that they’ve come to dread Mondays? (I know I’ve been there!) But…Monday can be a WONDERFUL DAY! Don’t stop making vows to change something in your life. Every step you take forward counts. If you fall off course, dust yourself off and start again; just don’t wait for another Monday to recommit.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Do something right now- the next right thing that you can think of and call that a fresh start.
2. Get an accountability partner. Connect with a supportive community.
3. Make a plan to succeed. Prep. Plan for road bumps (they will be there.)
4. Don’t let other people tell you what you are capable of following through on. Other people’s opinions of you are none of your business. REPEAT DAILY.
5. Above all else- be kind to yourself; be proud. But be accountable to YOU. Have the courage to start.